A clean and streamlined theme that focused on the content and not the distractions. It utilizes a single column, 500 pixel wide layout. No sidebars. No widgets.
- Valid XHTML Markup. It currently validates as XHTML Transitional. That is until you start embedding all those crazy YouTube videos and Google Ads
- Microformat support. The posts are marked up using the hAtom microformat. Which an increasing number of search engines (like Yahoo!) are beginning to support and index.
- 404 page. I’ve included the standard WordPress 404 template, which in addition to a nice “not found” message, it provides your readers with a list of recent articles.
- Archives template. An archives template that supports categories, tags and monthly views.
- Links template. A basic links page template. This isn’t a standard WordPress template so you’ll need to add it as a new page. But it will pull in any links you add to the Links section in the admin.
- Google ad (sorta) support. There a designated spot on the single post pages for Google or any other type of text ads. Commented out by default, but there if you want it.
- IE6 unsupported. This is a feature, not a bug. If a user attempts to view your site in IE6, they’ll be presented with an unstyled (but perfectly functional) site. Along with a friendly message suggesting they upgrade their browser.
- Some webkit visual candy. It’s minor but hovering over the buttons will provide smooth rollover transitions in Safari 4 and Google Chrome thanks to their new CSS based transition properties.
Want your job opening posted here? Go to Cool Design Jobs and submit it.