A few interesting WordPress plugins have been released in the last three months and here we are with an article featuring these cool ones from the sea of plugins that appear in the WordPress plugin directory.
The plugins that you will find here are for various purposes and for various people. Don’t expect them to be for exclusively for designers or developers, they are firstly for bloggers.
Edit, preview changes and save all your project’s CSS stylesheets live in the browser. A CSS live Editor that allows you to preview realtime CSS changes and then save the CSS back while keeping dated backups.
Flash 3D Banner
Probably the best Flash 3D Banner on the web. Fully XML customizable, without any Flash knowledge.
You can integrate it in any website for free without any Flash knowledge. Customizable width and height of the overall banner, up to 1680 x 1050 pixels. It has awesome 3D image transitions with lots of shade and background properties. The text is HTML/CSS formatted. The navigation buttons can be placed o various positions and are skinnable.
googleCards is a google+ wordpress plugin. It adds a widget to your blog that will display a link to your google+ profile so people can add you to a circle (follow you). It also displays your name, profile picture and the number of people who have you in circles.
This plugin displays the google +1 button in different styles.
- Display Google +1 button in the posts, pages, single posts or everywhere.
- Display Google +1 button above the post ['Top'], below the post ['Buttom'], both above and below ['Both'], or floating left side of post ['Left'].
- Display Google +1 button in four different sizes (Standard, small, medium and Tall)
- Display Google +1 button using Template Tag or Shortcode [twg_gpo_button] at any desired position.
I wanted something that could fetch photos from Facebook Album and present them in a gallery form. Unfortunately Embedded Facebook plugin had a major disadvantage in that it uses facebook’s url which changes regularly Thus the frequency of updating and upgrading the plugin also increased. I didnt like that.
I then stripped down the plugin and instead of the url I have added a wordpress-like shortcode for use with any album id on a facebook page. This plugin is specifically for photos that are on a Facebook Page.
WordPress plugin for implementing Twitter and Facebook style ‘Load More’ pagination.
Some of its features are:
- Easy setup.
- Minimal Configuration.
- Option to define the file from which the posts/content will be loaded. This can be defined individualy via the function parameter and globally via the admin options.
- Option to define the element to which the posts/content will be rendered. This can be defined individualy via the function parameter and globally via the admin options.
Nextgen Scroll Gallery: A WordPress Plugin that allows you to use the awesome Mootools ScrollGallery from BMo-design on your NextGen-Gallery galleries.
This plugin is the most efficient way to integrate the important social share buttons like twitter, facebook like, google +1 (plus one) and stumbleupon in three different position and styles.
The Ultimate Coming Soon Page plugin allows you quick and easily set up a coming soon page for your website.
Benefits, Features and Options:
- Works with any WordPress Theme
- Completely customizable look and feel including Background Color and Image, Logo, Fonts etc..
- Easily add Custom CSS and HTML
- Works with several mailing list providers: FeedBurner (More Coming Soon)
- Integrated with Google Fonts
- Visible to only non logged in users so you can build your site while visitors see the “Coming Soon” page.
- Uses HTML5 & CSS3
- Works with WordPress SEO by Yoast and other SEO plugins
This plugin will help the admin to publish highlighted notice on WordPress site header. Any message like offline notice, update notice, tweets, special offers, latest post can be set to attract visitors in 1st sight.
Ultimate Follow Me is a Simple yet Valuable Plugin. Easily link to your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Youtube profiles in this widget so that your readers can find you across the web.
As an added bonus, include your RSS feed and a “Contact Me” link where users can send you email or be redirected to any page (preferably a “Contact Me” page on your site).
Google Maps on your blog, the easy way: every post can have an address. Instantly add a Map. Build then a category map. Ideal for mapping itineraries.
The use of the plugin can be quite large, from building a geoblog to a classifieds site, many WordPress sites can benefit by this simple and fast Google integration plugin.
Visual Form Builder is a plugin that allows you to build simple contact forms using an easy-to-use and familiar interface.
- Setup and organize your form using a drag-and-drop interface
- Automatically includes a basic logic-based verification system
- Store form entries in your WordPress database and can manage them via the dashboard.
- Send form submissions to multiple emails
- Utilizes jQuery Form Validation
- Save time by adding a complete address block field
- Easy date fields using the jQuery UI Date Picker
WP Marketplace is all, what you’ll need to build your own marketplace. WP Marketplace is packed with all necessary features you must need to build a e-shop for your single product or a full featured complete market place like codecanyon.net or themeforest.net with very easy management. WordPress Marketplace plugin is compatible with any WordPress theme. You don’t need to change anywhere after your install. It’s just ready from all side for your use.
Spam Free WordPress is a comment spam blocking plugin that blocks 100% of the automated spam with zero false positives. There is no other plugin, or service, available for WordPress that can claim 100% accuracy with zero false positives, not even Akismet. Manual spam is blocked with an IP address blocklist.
Let Google crawl and index your Facebook Comments. Crawlable Facebook Comments plugin retrieves comments (with authors, dates and replies) and makes them visible in your source code. As we all know deafult facebook displays comments iframe so they are not visible to Googlebot. Make your comments search engine optimized and valuable in SEO!
AnythingSlider for WordPress integrates Chris Coyier’s popular AnythingSlider jQuery plugin with WordPress.
Based on the hard work of folks like Doug Neiner, ProLoser and Mottie, this plugin adds a plethora of flexible functionality to any WordPress theme. By using the [anything_slides] shortcode anywhere in your theme, you can add a unique and highly customizable slideshow to any post or page.
If you need to grab the attention of your users to display an important message on your wordpress site, you could go with an alert message ar a styled div in grabbing the attention of your users. However this is very annoying, and the users of your site will not appreciate this.
This plugin solves this issue by displaying a nice bar on top of the page, inspired by the Hello Bar. Users won’t be disturbed in browsing as the bar is sitting on top of the screen and can be displayed inline, or fixed on top.
The Flickr WordPress Plugin works with jQuery and makes it easy to you, to add Flickr images to your WordPress posts or pages. Some flickr users offer their images under a Creative Commons license, so that they can be freely included in your blog posts without any copyright problems.
The Ajax powered search box enables you to search for Flickr photos by matching your keyword. From the preview thumbshots you can chose your image by clicking it.
Once you have the photo selected, choose the size you want add in your blog post or select a rectangle from the image to crop a part of the photo.
Now you can click “Insert into Post” and the selected Photo will be added to your blog post including the required Copyright note and a nofollow image link to the author’s flickr page.
When adding the image in your blog post, you can select the image alignment as none, right, left, or center in the Flickr Media Panel
The Website Weaver is a powerful, flexible and fully functional WordPress theme editor that makes it easy to design your own custom WordPress themes. Its clear and simple to use WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) interface allows you to easily bring your creative vision to life. No longer do you have to guess what your design will look like as every change you make becomes visible as you make it.
Social Metrics is a Social Media Analytics tool you can use to track your WordPress blog performance on popular social networking websites and services.
- Track how is your content shared on Twitter, Facebook, Google +1, Google Buzz, StumbleUpon, Digg and LinkedIn
- Find out exactly how many times your posts/pages have been shared across these social networks
- Performance of all blog posts and pages is displayed in tabular format
- Browse to find out which posts have gone viral and been popularised over the social media
- Use the information to find out which social media websites should you promote your content the most
- Access Social Metrics from WordPress Admin bar
- Easily filter the displayed output by categories and by month
- Quickly switch between posts and pages
- Choose how many posts you wish to see at a time
- Seamlessly share posts/pages over the social networks from right within the Social Metrics Dashboard
- Lightweight plugin with minimal settings
The Duplicator plugin is designed to give WordPress Administrators the ability to migrate a site from one location to another location in 3 easy steps create, download, install. The plugin also serves as a simple backup utility.
This tool is great for pulling a production site down onto your local machine for testing and validation. It also works great for developing locally and then pushing up to a production server. No need to change all your settings and re-run import/export scripts.
If you need to clone, duplicate or template a WordPress application, then this plugin is ideal for for mass site generation. Niche site generation is a breeze with the Duplicator and moving your WordPress site has never been easier. Stay tuned for other cool features to help automate your WordPress management.
HTML5 Contact Form is a basic contact form with neat css styling, detailed form validation and error feedback as well as a robust captcha spam check.
Facebook AWD is an all in one Facebook capabilities for wordpress.
Add Socials plugins, OpenGraph, Comments and FB connect. Easy to install and setup. Use Iframe or Xfbml Add Like button and comments to pages, posts and custom posts types, at top, bottom or both. Widgets and Shortcodes available for each socials plugins. Use post thumbnail for openGraph, Fix like button with url linter, use pattern to defined custom openGraph meta, etc…
This is a WordPress plugin to list the most popular posts on the blog using Google Analytics statistics.
To view a list, you can choose from three methods of shortcode, sidebar widget or custom PHP code.
- Google Analytics Popular Posts has the following features:
- Can set the period of the statistics.
- Can set the number of popular posts.
- Analytics account and other settings can be entered in the admin option menu.
- Can preview in the admin option menu.
- Can view the popular posts to be filled in the custom php code.
- Can view the popular posts with the [GAPP_VIEW] shortcode.
- Can enable or disable the cache.
- Can enable or disable the custom style sheet. Also applies to the preview.
- Skinnable via CSS.
- Can display the posted date and excerpt.
Paid downloads plugin easily allows you to sell any digital content. The plugin automatically delivers the product (temporary encrypted download link) to you customer after completed payment done via PayPal or Robokassa. The only actions you have to do are uploading files and inserting short code like [paid-downloads id="XXX"] into your posts or pages. The list of supported currencies: USD, AUD, EUR, GBP, NZD, RUR.
Complete counter and statistics plugin with no external libraries.
Saves timestamps, visited URL, referring URL, IP addresses (*), operating systems and browser informations in the database, and can display the total hits, unique hits and other statistics in your WordPress pages.
- Hourly, daily, weekly and monthly traffic stats
- Popular pages and posts stats
- IP addresses stats
- Countries stats
- Referers stats
- Accurate browsers stats (browser name and version)
- Accurate operating system stats (operating system name, version and platform)
- Keywords stats
- Powerful history with filters
- Dashboard widget for a quick overview of your blog statistics
- Complete API to use the data of Counterize charts as you like
- An administration interface using the new WordPress Settings API is available, as well as a dashboard with detailed informations and statistics.
- The users that are authorized to display the Counterize dashboard can be defined using WordPress capabilities.
WP Total Hacks can customize more than 20 settings on your WordPress Site.
- All items you can select to Active or Deactive.
- Add a favicon.
- Change admin header logo.
- Change admin footer text.
- Change login logo.
- Deactivae selected meta boxes for Posts & Pages.
- Deactivate selected dashboard widgets.
- Remove unnecessary meta tags.
- Change default email address.
- Remove Update Notification for all users except Admin User.
- Delete default contact methods from user profile.
- Customize limit the number of allowed revisions.
- Disable auto save.
- Stop sending pings from your own site to your own site when you write posts.
Awesome Ads is a free plugin that automatically insert Google Adsense and Chitika ads into your Posts and Pages. You’ll never need to copy and paste codes again, let Awesome Ads plugin do the hard job for you.
- Awesome Ads complies with Google Adsense and Chitika policies.
- Customize colors, quantity, size, placement and type of the Adsense and Chitika ads.
- Display Google Adsense and Chitika ads in your blog automatically .
This plugin allows you to cross-post your blog posts and pages to your favorite Social networks (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn for now).
Several options are available to personalize your content before publishing… With an image, a comment, etc.. You can also re-post your blog posts on update.
WordSocial (WSO) also uses a shortening method for your urls to save some space in your tweets. You can choose between wso.li, bit.ly, your YOURLS configuration or your bit.ly configuration.
Creates a widget, which adds a contact form using either a floating, drop down button or a sticky, sliding tab. Can handle multiple forms on each page and the location of the floating button or sliding tab can be easily set from the widget control panel.
Each form includes up to 3 text input fields and one text area. The input labels and type of validation can be set via the widget control panel. The plugin includes validation for the form fields using animated error messages.
The plugin also includes shortcodes, which allow you to add a text link to your content, which will open/close the contact form.
Google Maps is the internet standard for mapping and direction. And why not? Their latest APIs make for the easiest, most streamlined experience available. This plugin does all the work for you. No creating an account. No copying of links from Google’s site. No need to go to Google maps at all.
This plugin does it all, providing a solution for the everyday blogger, the ma and pa business owner, and even the most particular of power users! And it’s ready to be used in any environment – WordPress, BuddyPress, and Multisite. It’s never been easier than it is now!
Q&A allows any WordPress site to have a fully featured questions and answers section – just like StackOverflow, Yahoo Answers, Quora and more…except better :)
You’ve seen how engaging, informative, and just plain fun Q&A sites such as Quora can be.
With this plugin, you can bring full Questions and Answers functionality to any WordPress or BuddyPress site in mere minutes!
Iframes are needed to embed video from Youtube or to embed Google Map or just to embed content from external page. WordPress removes iframe when you switch from “HTML” to “Visual” tab because of the security reasons. So you can embed iframe code using this shortcode [ iframe width="100%" height="480" src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/3261363" ].